OCTC is involved in developing guidance related to best practices of CBT therapy, supervision and training in the current situation. These guides will be available under the ‘resources’ tab on our website.
- Keep safe website: This resource is intended to help people who struggle with suicidal thoughts develop strategies to manage the thoughts and cope with the problems that can lead to them occurring. It can be worked through with support from a clinician or independently.
This is a self-help resource only and clinical support cannot be accessed from this website.
If you are struggling with thoughts of suicide please seek support. Call 111 (open 24 hours) who will direct you to the mental health helpline.
For other booklets that may be of interest to you please see our online shop.
- Looking after NHS staff
- A very helpful video for health care workers coping with stress, made by Dr Michael Bloomfield, on of our CBT graduates, and his colleagues at the NHS Traumatic Stress Clinic in London, the UCL Institute of Mental Health and the COVID Trauma Response Working Group
- Diamond Waite (2020) Physical Activity Pandemic
- Helpful forms for working with OCD
- OCD Leaflet
- COVID Therapist Guidelines
- Early intervention guidelines for providing psychological support to hospital staff during COVID-19
- Covid-19: A therapist guide to CBT for OCD
- How has CBT changed in the past 25 years and what can we except next? Hear what OCTC’s founders have to say on the occasion of our 25th anniversary!
OCTC Practical Guides
- Relapse management
- Relaxation scripts
- Understanding Traumatic Intrusions
- Being assertive
- Attachment Theory: A Brief Overview
- Problem Solving: OCTC practical guide
Information about Oxford, accommodation etc.
- Main official Oxford & Oxfordshire tourism site, incl. accommodation
- Another Oxford City information site
- College rooms for visitors
University of Oxford
- University of Oxford Dept. for Continuing Education (which accredits our academic courses)
- The specific page on the Continuing Education site for OCTC courses
- University of Oxford Dept. of Psychiatry
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) – the lead agency for CBT in the UK, which also accredits CBT therapists, supervisors & trainers
- The European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (EABCT), which brings together individual associations from all over Europe
- The Academy of Cognitive Therapy in the USA
- The Association for Behavioral & Cognitive Therapies in the USA